Friday, 12 April 2013

A Walk To Town

It takes between 15-20 minutes to walk into town from our house. I do it frequently, as the lake is in town, and I love to look at the water. This morning I had a mission, I had to take this:


Here:


And mail them to Jess in quarantine down in Melbourne. We collect Jess in early May, and I wanted her to have something nice to get her through her not-very-fun-time.  If you are thinking I am crazy for sending my dog a care package, I think you are crazy for thinking that.


As I walked toward and through town I thought about how pretty a place it is. How the small, quirky things make me like it here even more.  Here is a bit of what I saw along the way.



These are Galahs, and my favorite bird thus far. Hence the most pictures of them.



Now from real birds to fake ones...........









There are several of these mosaics in the walkway along the water front. This one is my favorite:



And that is just a tiny glimpse into the area in which we now live. Bright, happy, a wee bit of kilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment