We've been having some very cold weather, and it is only October! Dave even saw a few snowflakes on his way to work the other day. I'm just not ready!
In preparation we've done a few things around the house--the first was to bleed the radiators. They work so much better now, it is unbelievable! The bathroom was actually warm last night.
Additionally, I've been sewing some door draft excluders. We brought one from our old house with us when we moved, and I've used as a template for the new ones. With so many more doors in this place, I set to work on three more. The best part--it only cost £2.88 for 2 bags of the cheapest cat litter I could find. The fabric was already in my stash. Bargain!
The girls and I made two of them into snakes, just for fun. I let them pick out the eyes.
And just this morning I went out to find a stick in the garden (for Halloween decorations) and instead found 4 eggs. Our first four eggs from our chickens!! Hurray. The girls and I were very excited!
Here's the Halloween decoration:
No comments:
Post a Comment